Saturday 17 May 2014

Cardboard box on my head.

Over Easter I decided to help out with Lija, Tom and Luca's Extended Practice project by being an actor in their film. I played the main character U-1, acting out all of the indoor scenes.


Originally I was only going to play a small role as an extra that appeared on a cereal box, however the team couldn't manage to get their original actor to work as the main character so they asked me instead. I was more than happy to help! While I have very little acting skill myself, the role required me to have a big cardboard box on my head, so I figured I could manage. Also I do enjoy playing characters in front of a camera.


All the filming took part over three days startign around 11:00 am and finishing around 5:00 to 6:00 pm. It was very tirinjg and a lot of hard work, mainly as the filming process was very stop and start, setting up different camera angles, offloading footage, etc. It didn't really help that the set was very warm, especially when in costume.

In hindsight it was probably not the best use of my own time to take three days doing acting, however I had a lot of fun and it was a nice change of pace to what I usually do. I don't think I'm going to be pursuing a career in acting anytime soon but I still enjoy it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment